Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Soodow Arguments

A pseudo-argument actually isn't very much of an argument at all. It usually is between two parties that are either unable or unwilling to express their side of the "argument" in terms that can actually relate to anything. The parties would rather defend their arguments with quips such as "because I said so." This reminds me of my puny little second grade arguments with my friends, which would always involve one person saying one of the following: "I know you are but what am I?", "I am rubber. You are glue. Whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you!", and my personal favorite, "Oh yeah? Well.... Your Mom!!!" Obviously none of these got anybody anywhere, and as with pseudo-arguments, neither a consensus nor a resolution would ever come about, rendering the whole concept of pseudo arguments absolutely useless.

No comments: