Thursday, September 3, 2009

My AP English Experience

AP English has been without a doubt an incredibly unique class so far this year. My favorite aspect of the way the class works is the great amount of discussion we are able to have about the readings and writings we have worked on, with my favorite moment being our discussion of the characters of The Great Gatsby. I will not lie and say it was my favorite book of all time, and in some places the book left me scratching my head. However, after our in-class discussion of all the characters and all of their terrible dirty lives, the book became much clearer to me and it gave me much more of an appreciation for the brilliant work that Fitzgerald did on the book. It was also lighthearted and easy to understand, and I even got condemned to hell! I hope the good times keep on rolling in AP English!!!

2 comments:

Marcus van der Meulen said...

Very astute Mr. Gramman. I like how you look at the lives of the characters in "The Great Gatsby", and I also enjoy how you mention you have been condemned to hell. All good accomplishments that have been made in AP English. Though, I too may have been condemned to hell for these scandalous questionings of existence and chair colors.

Kwame Newton said...

When I read this post, it reminded me of one word. The vivid descriptions, the phrase "I will not lie", the assessment of AP English as "incredibly unique", and your supposed appreciation for Fitzgerald's "brilliant work" are all a prime example of sycophancy.