Friday, September 11, 2009

Biotech Foood

As a rabid consumer of lots and lots of food, I tend to ignore the ingredients on the package and head straight for the goodness on the inside. Because of this, I would definitely not feel comfortable with genetically modified food to only mention its genetic modification in small type near the nutrition facts and all that other crap. I need a big, fat, easy to read sticker on the front that says THIS HAS BEEN GENETICALLY MODIFIED. I don't care if this has the potential affect the sales. I just want to know whether or not someone's been screwing around with my food or not. However, I do see the point of view of the companies producing the food. If I had food that I genetically modified, I wouldn't neccesarily feel the need to boldly broadcast that kind of information. But being the consumer with the voracious appetite that I am, I would much rather have the food company take a hit in their pocketbook than have me take a hit in my genetically modified stomach.

1 comment:

Chris Thompson said...

I find your argument interesting and slightly surprising because i would have thought that you would be pro biotech foods, that said i have to say that you made quite a good use of word in your blog, i enjoyed the part about being a rabid consumer of lots and lots of food, the comic relief helped create a delayed thesis which improved the argument.