Monday, December 7, 2009

Uhphermuhtivv Akshun Update 12/7

Today, I finished my introduction and my conclusion for the first draft of my affirmative action expository paper. I felt like completing these two things would not require me to be 100% finished with my research, but still allow me to get some good work done. This is huge because in all honesty, I would much rather spend the next few weeks on preparation for finals than this paper. I had relatively little trouble writing my introduction because affirmative action tends to be a topic that can write its own story. There is such a deep history of America associated with affirmative action and its precursors that there is really no lack of information to use. This makes me even happier with my choice of topic for my paper, and I continue to feel confident that I can complete this paper on time more than adequately.

2 comments:

Kwame Newton said...

I think people would read more of you blogs if they could actually tell what the title said.
(LaMags don't grade this)

Jessica Ledyard said...

Brian,

Your paper sounds really interesting. It's good that you started with your introduction and conclusion because that should keep your paper on topic and limit your own biased opinions. It is a challenge to write this paper the weekend before finals because you have to study AND complete your paper. I'm glad that you still like your issue because it wouldn't be as fun and interesting to write a paper on something you didn't care about.

Good luck!